Our goal is to get you into Congress. We are seeking passionate and ambitious young women who plan to be Congresswomen by 2050.
The 50by2050Project Mentor Program is an exclusive opportunity to receive one-on-one mentorship from a Congresswoman and expert training to successfully run for office.
The program begins with a launch event at Young Women Run in Washington, D.C. on June 26, 2019 and monthly trainings to learn political platform design, fundraising, networking and launching a political brand online.
Working closely with the 50by2050 Project team and fellow cohort members, participants will face fears, build strategies, and set an official intention to run for office.
Participants will even create their own website and email newsletter to communicate their platform. The opportunity is a yearlong commitment, 5 hours per week, which includes cohort and mentor meetings. It is a volunteer, intensive, and challenging experience.
- Attending the IGNITE Young Women Run political leadership event in Washington D.C. on June 24-26 2019
- Monthly meetings with mentor
- Monthly meetings with your 2019 mentee cohort
- Professional skills development training
- Masterclass learning from all congresswomen mentors
- 15 hours of volunteering
- 5 informational interviews with political officials
- Professional personal website
- Developing an ongoing newsletter to constituents
- Creating Personal business cards
- Raising $1,500 for your platform or for a local organization
The ideal mentee candidate is a current college or graduate student ages 18 – 25. She must have leadership experience and communicate her passion for running for office. Previous political involvement, such as working on a campaign, or demonstrating interest in political change through involvement in political organizations or social activism is a plus. To apply for The 50by2050 Project Mentor Program Position, applicants must submit the following:
- Letter of intent
- Resume, 3.5 GPA minimum
Apply by May 1, 2019.
No Fields Found.